Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan 9th, 2011 -> Putting a Ranger Bumper on a Tundra

Side project today: Putting a Ford Ranger bumper on my Toyota Tundra. I had to make new mounting brackets considering the Tundra rails are 5" wider than the Ranger rails.

I disliked the Tundra with the stock rear bumper so I cut the bedsides and made a tube bumper, and have had that on for about a year. But soon I got tired of that bumper as well, considering I made it in 2 hours, and I prefer to show better work. So I decided to put a much lighter, much smaller doner Ranger bumper on today. enjoy

Below left is my old truck with a bumper that is still my favorite bumper I have made to date.


The narrow bumper looks clean tucked all the way up to the tailgate. I just have to pull out the left side top lip so that it doesn't look like it is sagging.

If you are interested in auto fabrication services, I have a wide variety of project experience: from designing and building utility trailers, to front and rear bumper modifications and fiberglass/bondo repair, to full fabrication of offroad prerunners including pre-fabrication planning and structural design analysis. Automotive Fabrication

No comments:

Post a Comment